Total shipments and digital sales for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim have surpassed 200,000 units in Japan, publisher Atlus and developer Vanillaware announced.
Back in March, the companies announced that the game had surpassed 400,000 sales worldwide.
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim launched for PlayStation 4 in November 2019 in Japan and in September 2020 worldwide.
Here is an overview of the game, via Atlus:
Vanillaware, the storytellers behind Odin Sphere and Dragon’s Crown, craft a sci-fi mystery epic spanning thirteen intertwining stories.
Uncover the truth and delve into a 2D side-scrolling adventure featuring gorgeous art and environments. Then, battle the kaiju in fast-paced, top-down combat. Customize the Sentinels with an arsenal of mechsuit weaponry, and fight to defend humanity!
- Beautifully rendered in Vanillaware’s signature hand-painted visual style.
- Uncover a deep story through visions of the past and the future.
- The doomsday clock is ticking. Become a Sentinel pilot, customize your mech, and fight waves of kaiju in top-down tactical combat.
- Along with the recognition of Japanese game industry leaders, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim has won numerous awards.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.