2D action platformer Flynn: Son of Crimson will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam and Humble Store on September 15, publisher Humble Games and developer Studio Thunderhorse announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via Humble Games:
Flynn: Son of Crimson is a handcrafted 2D action platformer that will take you on a journey of discovery and redemption. In the game, players will join Flynn in his beloved home of Rosantica—a beautiful island that was once ravaged by war and an evil presence now banished back to The Scourge. The magical barrier between Rosantica and The Scourge has started to crack, allowing dangerous creatures to slowly seep back in to try and take over the island. Accompanied by his mythical protector Dex, whose Guardian Spirits have been stolen and must be reclaimed, Flynn will be challenged by the evil from The Scourge and its powerful overlord.
- Hand-Crafted World – Explore a beautiful hand-crafted world across unique regions each filled with ancient mysteries to be discovered.
- Protect Rosantica – Enter the sinister world of The Scourge to take on Zealock, Lord of this dimension, and his mysterious dagger wielding warrior, Rozia; stopping them from taking over Rosantica at all costs.
- Mythical Companions – Summon your mythical companion and protector, Dex, in times of need; requesting her help in crushing tough walls and slashing/biting her way through hordes of enemies.
- Master the Crimson Energy – Master the art of the Crimson energy that has been passed down from Flynn’s ancestors.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.