The first phase of the Babylon’s Fall closed beta test will be held on July 29 in Japan, August 5 in North America, and August 12 in Europe, publisher Square Enix and developer PlatinumGames announced.
Phase One will focus on fundamental aspects of an online game, including downloading and installing the Steam version client; registering and authenticating your account; and operational tests on the server and network. Since this phase will emphasize technical testing, tests involving game elements will be kept to a minimum.
The timing for each region is as follows:
- Japan – July 29 from 2:00 a.m. PT / 5:00 a.m. ET to 6:00 a.m. PT / 9:00 a.m. ET
- North America – August 5 from 6:00 p.m. PT / 9:00 p.m. ET to 10:00 p.m. PT / 1:00 a.m. ET
- Europe – August 12 from 10:00 a.m. PT / 1:00 p.m. ET to 2:00 p.m. PT / 5:00 p.m. ET
The scope of the closed beta test will expand as it progresses into its second and third phases.
A Closed Beta Test Play Guide was also published, which outlines the following:
Visit the Babylon’s Fall community website “Hanging Garden” here.
Babylon’s Fall is in development for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC (Steam). A release date has yet to be announced.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.