Bandai Namco trademarks Waffuu Encore and 1&2 Encore in Japan; miHoYo trademarks Honkai: Star Rail – Gematsu
Bandai Namco has filed trademarks for “Waffuu Encore” and “1&2 Encore” in Japan.
“Encore” is what Bandai Namco subtitles its remastered game releases in Japan. For example, Katamari Damacy Reroll is titled Katamari Damacy Encore in Japan, and Mr. Driller DrillLand is titled Mr. Driller Encore.
“Waffuu” is the catch phrase of the Klonoa series’ titular protagonist. Bandai Namco trademarked “Klonoa Encore” alongside “Mr. Driller Encore” back in September 2019. Coupled with today’s trademarks, an announcement may finally be approaching. The “1&2 Encore” trademark could indicate it will include both Klonoa: Door to Phantomile and Klonoa 2: Lunatea’s Veil.
In other news, miHoYo filed trademarks for “Honkai: Star Rail” and “Genshin Impact” (English, Japanese, and logo). While the former is unannounced, it was previously trademarked in various countries back in July.
Hajime Tabata-run studio JP Games also filed a trademark for “The Run & Gun.”
Konami Digital Entertainment filed a trademark for “Shine Post,” which is also the name of a light novel published by Dengeki Bunko due out on October 8.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.