Onion Games will release Black Bird for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, according to a newly published PlayStation Store listing. A release date was not announced.
Black Bird first launched for Switch and PC via Steam in October 2018.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
A bird of happiness, or fowl fortune? Feathers black, all lives consumed!
This is the tale of a young girl who dies one day on a street corner and is reborn as the ominous Black Bird. The bird is one of the great calamities, spoken of in the kingdom since ancient times.
Become the calamity, “Black Bird,” and destroy the kingdom with a bullet hell.
What fate awaits this girl-turned bird? Will you, the Black Bird, destroy the world? Will this lively, fun-filled kingdom tread the path to destruction?
- A darkly humorous world, built with loving care, pixel by pixel. Visuals which recall a classic era of gaming portray a rich, picture book world. Completing each stage will reveal more of the mysteries which shroud the dark, fairytale-like exterior.
- A unique audio / visual mix combined in an action-packed shooting game. Your enemies’ movement synchronizes with the operatic soundtrack, sung in a bizarre, fictional language, creating a truly unique experience.
- Eight different endings! A high score is the key to the real ending and unlocking the story’s secrets. Your skill will guide how the story concludes; practice really does make perfect!
- Extra Features Galore! Unlock True Mode after completing the game to see new enemies, hidden bonus characters and more! Learn the combo system, bomb system and hidden characters, then mix and match to find your own play style. When you’re confident, aim for the top of the leaderboards in Score Attack.
Watch the PlayStation announcement trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.