Brave Dungeon first launched for 3DS in March 2017. Brave Dungeon + Dark Witch’s Story: COMBAT, which added the bonus game Dark Witch’s Story: COMBAT, followed for Switch in September 2017.
Here is an overview of the two-game bundle, via its Steam page:
Syega are powerful crystals that grant humans the ability to use magic. Some crystals are so powerful they have to be contained in specially prepared vessels; these are known as Magic Items. Join intrepid adventurer Al as she explores the dangerous labyrinths of Belfer Island in search of powerful Magic Items. Along the way Al will join forces with strong allies and face even stronger enemies. Can Al conquer the imposing dungeon known as Godshill and find the ultimate Magic Item?
Brave Dungeon is a dungeon crawling RPG adventure by indie games company Inside System, creators of the Legend of Dark Witch series. Brave Dungeon features an easy to pick up combat system for new players. However, it also has many customization options, unique playable characters, and deep challenges for the completionist. A crafting system featuring materials dropped from enemies and treasure chests in dungeons allows you to customize your characters further. Class Changes allow the player to build their party the way they want, playing to one’s own personal preferences and their characters’ unique strengths.
Dark Witch’s Story: COMBAT
Dark Witch’s Story: COMBAT is a battle game where you use cards featuring characters and creatures from the Dark Witch series. The players pick three cards to use against each other in a best out of three battle. The players also gets to use Magic Items to give to their cards, which can drastically turn the tides of the battle. There are two different modes available, Quest mode for single-player and Battle mode for multi-player. When you play Quest mode you will win new, and stronger cards for you to use, while aiming for the title of “Game Master.”
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.