Button City will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, Switch, and PC via Steam on August 10, developer Subliminal announced. It will support English, French, German, Spanish, and Japanese language options.
As previously announced, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will follow at a later date to be announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Button City is a low-poly narrative adventure about a cute fox named Fennel and his animal friends embarking on an escapade to save their local arcade from closure at the paws of greedy fat cat Peppermint Pepperbottom.
Enter a quirky world of pastel colors, spunky animals, rockin’ arcade games, and floating islands. Make friends, play arcade games, solve puzzles, and complete quests around town as you follow a story about friendship, growing up, and saving the things that are important to you.
- Gobabots – The ultimate smoothie robot competition has arrived at Button City! Collect your Gobabot and bring your squad in a 4v4 arena battle to collect the most Gobaberries and make the ultimate smoothie.
- rEVolution Racer – Drift down Watermelon mountain in hyper tuned electric vehicles! Race as Eevee in her custom EV Sprinter against her fierce rival Spin and his Sun EDI. Drift to charge your batteries then unleash extreme boosts to show who is the fastest on the mountain.
- Make friends with rabbits, pandas, and other cute animals.
- Master four-versus-four arcade game Gobabots with your new critter pals.
- Enjoy mini-games like drift racing and dancing to pumping beats.
- Unlock new costumes and game modes at the arcade prize counter.
- Feast your eyes on colorful low-poly aesthetics.
Watch a new trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.