Call of Duty: Vanguard will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Battle.net on November 5, publisher Activision and developer Sledgehammer Games announced.
Pre-orders are available now and include early access to the game’s open beta, which will be held first on PlayStation consoles.
Digital pre-orders also include the “Night Raid Mastercraft” weapon for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Call of Duty: Warzone, which will be available instantly.
“Call of Duty: Vanguard is primed to deliver a stunning range of gameplay experiences for the entire Call of Duty community,” said Call of Duty series general manager Johanna Faries in a press release. “Vanguard‘s breadth of content is a hallmark of the title, with more multiplayer maps on day one than ever before and the first Zombies crossover in Call of Duty history. Warzone fans will also experience a host of exciting new things to come as part of the new launch. We can’t wait to share more soon.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Activision:
Call of Duty: Vanguard takes players into the origins of Special Forces in the most connected Call of Duty experience across the franchise. Experience World War II through the eyes of a multinational group of soldiers, who form Task Force One in the campaign’s gripping narrative while also becoming the original Special Forces operators in the game’s adrenaline-fueled Multiplayer. Vanguard pushes the action forward in a franchise-first Zombies crossover. Fans everywhere can also look forward to a brand-new map coming later this year in Warzone, the free-to-play experience, which will be fully integrated with Vanguard. It’s time to rise on every front.
- Epic Campaign Spanning Four Major Theaters of World War II
- Experience pivotal World War II battles through the untold stories of multinational heroes that formed Task Force One, changing the face of history and setting the stage for Special Forces as we know it.
- Development led by award-winning studio Sledgehammer Games, Call of Duty: Vanguard drops players into an epic scale of global warfare, where they will experience combat through the eyes of the original Special Forces Operators across four major theaters of World War II.
- The deeply engaging, single player narrative features a select multinational group of four soldiers from diverse backgrounds, who rise together in combat to turn the tides of war.
- Vanguard uses the next generation Call of Duty engine introduced with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare to deliver breathtaking visual fidelity, a photorealistic world, lifelike characters and optimized performance that enhances the gameplay for an advanced Call of Duty experience.
- Unparalleled Multiplayer Offering
- Massive day-one Multiplayer offering with 20 multiplayer maps at launch, including 16 core multiplayer.
- Experience signature Call of Duty combat and new ways to play with combat pacing and reactive gameplay environments.
- Tactical down the barrel gunplay, the return of Gunsmith, new custom ballistics, and reactive environments.
- The fast and frenetic Champion Hill mode features a series of tournament style head-to-head matches, where players can play solo (one-versus-one) or squad up in duos (two-versus-two) and trios (three-versu-three) to battle it out in an arena consisting of four maps to be the last squad standing .
- Treyarch Zombies
- From the birthplace of Zombies, Treyarch helps deliver a franchise first Call of Duty Zombies crossover as Vanguard connects with the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Zombies storyline delivering a new connection for Call of Duty players.
- Players will be able to survive the relentless onslaught of the undead in a chilling all-new Zombies experience, developed by Treyarch Studios.
- Provides continuity from a lore standpoint while innovating on the core gameplay loop .
- Warzone Integration
- Raven Studios leading development of brand-new Call of Duty: Warzone map coming this year.
- Will feature a multi-faceted, new anti-cheat system across Warzone.
- Shares the same tech as Vanguard for seamless weapon and operator integration.
- Post launch, Vanguard together with Warzone will offer a massive calendar of free post-launch content featuring new maps, modes, playlists, limited time events, and seasonal events, as well as community celebrations and more.
- Call of Duty: Vanguard will be available globally on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Battle.net on Friday November 5, 2021.
- Call of Duty: Vanguard is published by Activision, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, and developed by award-winning developer, Sledgehammer Games.
- Vanguard for the PC delivers a fully optimized experience, developed by Beenox, for Battle.net, Blizzard Entertainment’s online gaming service.
- Additional development support from Treyarch, High Moon Studios, and Activision Shanghai.
- For more information and the latest intel check out the official website and YouTube channel, and follow @SHGames, @RavenSoftware, @Treyarch, and @CallofDuty on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Watch the reveal trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.’
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.