Publisher Degica Games and developers Alfa System and Cosmo Machia will release an updated version of arcade shoot ’em up Castle of Shikigami 2 for Switch and PC via Steam in December, the companies announced.
Castle Shikigami 2 first launched for arcade in 2003, followed by GameCube in October 2003, PlayStation 2 in January 2004, Dreamcast in March 2004, Xbox in April 2004, and PC in September 2004.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
In 2006, a “twisted castle” suddenly appeared in the sky above Tokyo. A variety of stories unfold around the god-hunting armaments housed in this gigantic castle. The second installment of the dramatic shooter that gained popularity in the arcades is now coming to Steam with additional elements!
Players choose one of seven (plus one?) characters, each with different unique abilities, and use their shots, special Shikigami attack, and bombs to destroy the enemy. The unique backgrounds of each character are intricately intertwined, creating an interesting storyline for the shooter.
In between of total five stages, different demos (stories) will be played for each character, and when playing with two players, a completely different story unfolds depending on the combination of characters used, all of which are fully voiced (in Japanese).
- New Entry Mode – Revamped enemy placement in all stages, lots of changes that will surprise even the most experienced!
- Brand New Translation – We know everyone is waiting for this!
- Dramatic Change Mode – Operates with 1P switching between characters, and you get the same demo as when there’s 2P!
- Enjoy the storyline with the different personalities of each of the seven (plus one?) main characters!
- Fight using three types of attack methods: normal attack, shikigami attack, and special attack.
- Five stages in three parts (each stage times three parts, plus a boss in each part).
- Aim for a high score with the TBS (Tension Bonus System), which allows players to earn high scores by getting close to enemies or enemy bullets.
- Two player simultaneous play (local only).
- Plenty of Steam achievements and trading cards available.
Watch the announcement trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.