The Switch version will also be available in a 8,440 yen Special Pack, which includes an art book and soundtrack CD.
A western release is planned for this fall, but a specific date has yet to be announced.
Here is an overview of the game and trailer, via publisher ININ Games:
Clockwork Aquario was the last arcade game ever developed by the legendary Westone in 1993, but was never finished. The game was thought to be lost in time, but we set out on the mission to dig deep into video game archeology and save Clockwork Aquario from being lost forever.
The first teaser trailer shows not only some incredibly beautiful hand-drawn images of the three main characters, but also the first gameplay footage of this arcade treasure. Clockwork Aquario wins the viewer over with its beautiful pixel art, the vibrant colors and the three unique characters: Huck Londo, the daring hero, Elle Moon, the brave adventuress and Gush, the warmhearted giant robot.
If you missed it, Gematsu recently interviewed Clockwork Aquario creator Ryuichi Nishizawa.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.