Publisher Team17 and developer NExT Studios will release turn-based roguelike game Crown Trick for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on August 31, the companies announced.
Crown Trick first launched for Switch and PC via Steam in October 2021.
Starting today, the free update “Requiem of Elements” will also be available for Switch, which adds “Dungeons of the Deep”—a new endless game mode featuring a gauntlet of randomly generated traps and enemies to survive—as well as new weapons, relics, Familiars, skills, and achievements. This update is already available for the PC version.
Here is an overview of the game, via Team17:
Crown Trick welcomes players to The Nightmare Realm as they guide protagonist Elle on a perilous journey through procedurally generated dungeons, carefully navigating unique enemies and traps that only move when Elle does thanks to the unique synchronous turn-based mechanic. Players will need to strategically plan each move in order to survive, using a combination of skills, Familiars, and weapons in order to escape the Nightmare Realm.
- Engaging Strategic Gameplay – Monsters and traps move only when the player moves; carefully thought-out strategies are key to escaping the labyrinthine dungeon.
- Fight How You Want – Create and develop a unique combat style with over 40 active skills, over 60 passive abilities, over 30 usable items, and over 170 special relics, all of which create different ways to cut through enemy encounters.
- Learn from Enemies – Gather elite “Familiar” skills by overcoming enemies ready to unleash on others deeper in the dungeon.
- Different Dungeons Every Time – The procedurally generated maze ensures players have unique experiences every time they enter The Nightmare Realm.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.