Paradox Interactive will release strategy game Crusader Kings III: Console Edition for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series in collaboration with developer Lab42, the companies announced. A release date was not announced.
Here is an overview of Console Edition, via Paradox Interactive:
An Heir is Born
The jewel in Paradox Interactive’s grand strategy crown, the Crusader Kings franchise has long delighted gamers looking for a deep strategy experience. Released for PC to wide acclaim in 2020, Crusader Kings III will be a new strategy experience for console players. Following the console success of its science fiction strategy game, Stellaris, Paradox and Lab42 are now adapting one of the most popular strategy titles for console players seeking greater depth and complexity in historical games.
Would-be medieval monarchs will enjoy an all-new gamepad support designed for console controllers from the ground up. Crusader Kings III on console will also utilize key capabilities of the Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5, like super-fast load times for a seamless gameplay experience. Xbox Series X|S players will be able to quickly switch between gameplay and consulting a YouTube tutorial on how to quell a peasant revolt. PlayStation 5 users will experience the game’s stress mechanics themselves, as their DualSense controllers physically react to in-game events as they unfold.
- Character Focused Gameplay – Every character you play or interact with has their own unique personality. Events and options in the game are largely determined by the type of person you are.
- Infinite Possibilities – Play as any noble house from Iceland to India, Finland to Central Africa, over five centuries. Interact with wandering guests, stubborn children, devious spymasters and saintly holy men in an elaborate tapestry of medieval life.
- Waging War – Rally your vassals and raise your men-at-arms to besiege enemy castles or put down rebellions. Personal prowess on the battlefield can win you great honor, but strategic planning is the path to victory.
- Royal Marriages – Spread your dynastic DNA throughout the world, stamping your royal seal on the crests of kingdoms and duchies far and wide. Marry for power and raise children to press claims on new lands.
- Saints and Sinners – Keep faith with your religious leaders or perform great crimes in the interest of the state. When the going gets tough, you can always embrace a heresy or craft a new religion more in line with your character’s priorities.
Watch the announcement trailer below. Visit the official website here.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.