The PlayStation 5 version of Cthulhu Saves Christmas is now available via PlayStation Store for $9.99.
The turn-based RPG comedy first launched for PC via Steam in December 2019, followed by Switch in October 2020.
Here is an overview of the game, via PlayStation Store:
The master of insanity, Cthulhu, has lost his powers (again!?) and the only way he can get them back is by rescuing Santa Claus from the League of Christmas Evil in this prequel to Cthulhu Saves the World!
Join Cthulhu, the Snow Maiden, Baba Yaga-chan, and Belsnickel as they build R’lyehtionships, fight the League of Christmas Evil, and catch the Christmas spirit! Fhtagn!
- Fight the Krampus, Mari Lwyd, and other Christmas League of Evil villains in unique, turn-based combat!
- Insanify your enemies!
- Build your R’lyehtionship levels with friends and foes in the super-streamlined life sim segments!
- Multi-character abilities!
- More chickens than you would expect in a Christmas game.
- Pacing that doesn’t waste your time!
- Fun for the whole family!
Estimated time for single playthrough on medium difficulty: around four to five hours depending on playstyle.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.