Publisher Sega and developer CyberConnect2 have released a new gameplay trailer and screenshots for Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles showcasing the Mugen Train Arc in Adventure Mode, as well as VS Mode.
The companies also confirmed that six playable demons will join the roster via a series of three free post-launch updates—two demons per update—and that the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, and PC versions will receive a 60 frames per second performance mode via an update that will specifically feature 60 frames per second gameplay (exploring during Adventure Mode and any battle where the player controls their character) and 30 frames per second cutscenes.
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles is due out for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on October 14 in Japan, and October 15 worldwide. Read more about the game here.
Watch the trailer below. View the screenshots at the gallery.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.