Publisher Aniplex and developer CyberConnect2 will release three free updates for Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles post-release, each adding two new playable characters, the latest issue of Weekly Jump reveals.
The companies previously teased playable demons are coming to the game via free post-launch updates. At this point, it is unknown whether all six characters due out after release are demons.
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles is due out for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on October 14 in Japan, and October 15 worldwide. Read more about the game here.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.