Total sales for Detroit: Become Human have surpassed six million units across PlayStation 4 and PC, developer Quantic Dream announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via its store pages:
Detroit: Become Human, the award-winning video game production from Quantic Dream, is finally available on Steam! Featuring world-renowned actors including Jesse Williams (Grey’s Anatomy), Clancy Brown (Carnivale), Lance Henriksen (Aliens), Bryan Dechart (True Blood) and Valorie Curry (Twilight).
What makes us human?
Detroit 2038. Technology has evolved to a point where human like androids are everywhere. They speak, move and behave like human beings, but they are only machines serving humans.
Play three distinct androids and see a world at the brink of chaos—perhaps our future—through their eyes. Your very decisions will dramatically alter how the game’s intense, branching narrative plays out.
You will face moral dilemmas and decide who lives or dies. With thousands of choices and dozens of possible endings, how will you affect the future of Detroit and humanity’s destiny?
- Play Your Part in a Gripping Narrative – Enter a world where moral dilemmas and difficult decisions can turn android slaves into world-changing revolutionaries. Discover what it means to be human from the perspective of an outsider – and see the world through the eyes of a machine.
- Their Lives, Your Choices – Shape an ambitious branching narrative, where your decisions not only determine the fate of the three main characters, but that of the entire city of Detroit. How you control Kara, Connor and Markus can mean life or death – and if one of them pays the ultimate price, the story still continues…
- Countless Paths, Countless Endings – Every decision you make, no matter how minute, affects the outcome of the story. No playthrough will be exactly the same: replay again and again to discover a totally different conclusion.
- Fully Optimized for PC – Detroit: Become Human is brought to PC with stunning graphics, 4K resolution, 60 frames per second framerate and full integration of both mouse/keyboard and gamepad controls for the most complete Detroit: Become Human experience to date.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.