Disciples: Liberation ‘Companions’ trailer – Gematsu
Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Frima Studio have released a new trailer for dark fantasy strategy RPG Disciples: Liberation, introducing some of the diverse cast of characters players will be able to recruit.
Here is an overview of the game, via Kalypso Media:
Disciples: Liberation marks a new beginning for the franchise, allowing players to explore a richly detailed dark fantasy world, fight foul beasts in intricate turn-based combat, take on hundreds of unique quests and foster relationships with an assortment of in-world factions: from a human empire tinged by religious extremism to the dark forces of the undead lead by a mad queen. Alliances forged, players can build an army and trade hard-earned resources for an assortment of upgrades to their home base. No choice is without consequence and depending on decisions and political alignments, one wrong move could see a deadly domino effect, irrevocably changing the course of their story.
- 80-Plus Hour Single-Player Campaign – Experience a dark fantasy epic over three acts, with more than 270 quests and five unique endings.
- Explore a War-Torn Overworld – Journey through four diverse environments—from luscious woodlands to fiery volcanic plains and icy tundra—and unearth the secrets hidden within the land.
- Journey Together – Join forces with four in-game factions—from proud elven clans to remorseless undead hordes, each with their own motivations and gameplay incentives.
- Write Your Own Story – Pick from four uniquely skilled classes and define your place in the world, recruiting others to take up arms for your cause.
- Build a Base – Take on quests for precious resources and use political savvy to build a place of planning and sanctuary.
- Fight for Your Life – Recruit 50-plus units and build an army best suited to your play style whilst honing both steel and spell in intricate-turned based combat.
- Challenge Deadly Bosses – Pit your party against horrific monsters and beasts, each requiring a unique strategy.
- Choice is Everything – Let your decisions guide your fate and directly influence what sort of leader you become.
- Fight Your Friends – Put forth the ultimate challenge and battle for supremacy in 2-player online skirmishes.
Disciples: Liberation is due out for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam, Epic Games Store, and Kalypso Store on October 21.
Watch the trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.