ELEX II story trailer – Gematsu
Publisher THQ Nordic and developer Piranha Bytes have released the story trailer for EXEX II.
Here is an overview of the game, via THQ Nordic:
ELEX II is the sequel to ELEX, the vintage open-world role-playing experience from the award-winning creators of the Gothic and Risen series, Piranha Bytes. ELEX II returns to the post-apocalyptic science fantasy world of Magalan, with massive environments that can be explored with unrivaled freedom via jetpack—you will be able to move through the epic story any way you want!
Several years after Jax defeated the Hybrid, a new threat arrives from the sky, unleashing the dangerous powers of dark Elex and endangering all life on the planet. In order to defend the peace on Magalan and the safety of his own family, Jax embarks on a mission to convince the factions to unite against the invaders, as well as a personal quest to find his son, Dex, who got separated from him…
Dive into a huge, hand-crafted, completely unique world with multiple factions and diverse environments set in a post-apocalyptic science fantasy universe.
- Explore the planet of Magalan with unprecedented freedom, using your trusted jetpack to traverse the map and even fly!
- Interact with a lived-in world, full of unique NPCs, who…
- …will remember what you’ve done and react accordingly.
- …will join or leave your group depending on how you behave.
- …are able to be killed, which will have an effect on the story.
- Engage in fluid close and ranged combat with a massively improved control system.
- Experience a story where your actions have consequences, immersing you in a world of moral decisions.
ELEX II is due out for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam. A release date has yet to be announced.
Watch the trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.