Publisher Ubisoft and developer Ubisoft Montreal have released a six-minute overview trailer for Far Cry 6.
Here is an overview of the game, via Ubisoft:
Anton Castillo rose to power on the promise of restoring the once-prosperous island nation of Yara back to its former glory and plans to forge his vision of paradise by any means necessary. With his 13-year-old son Diego reluctantly following in his father’s bloody footsteps, Antón has the future of Yara clenched tightly in his hands.
Yara lies in the heart of the Caribbean, a tropical paradise frozen in time. Decades of economic sanctions have devastated the nation, leaving it impoverished and divided. While some Yarans follow Anton blindly, others are subjugated in the name of restoring paradise. As the brutality of his rule reaches a fever pitch, outrage boils over and the fire of insurrection ignites across the country.
In Far Cry 6, players are immersed in the adrenaline-filled, chaotic world of a modern-day guerrilla revolution. Engage Anton’s regime in intense combat through lush jungles and decaying cities as Dani Rojas, a local Yaran swept up in the revolution. To even the odds against Castillo’s military, you’ll have to adopt the “resolver” philosophy of using what you have to make what you need, employing an arsenal of unique and surprising new weapons, vehicles, and animal companions to ignite a revolutionary movement that will burn the tyrannical regime to the ground.
- Ignite the Fight for Freedom
- Join the revolution and push back against the oppressive regime of dictator Anton Castillo and his teenage son Diego, brought to life by Hollywood stars Giancarlo Esposito (The Mandalorian, Breaking Bad) and Anthony Gonzalez (Coco).
- Dive into a blockbuster experience as Dani Rojas, a local Yaran defending their country from a tyrant’s rule. Choose to play Dani as a woman or man and immerse yourself in the journey of a military dropout turned guerrilla revolutionary.
- Meet a colorful cast of unforgettable characters throughout the rich world of Yara, from Juan Cortez, a jaded ex-KGB spy and his pet crocodile Guapo, to irresistible wiener dog Chorizo.
- Yara Torn Apart
- Explore the most expansive Far Cry playground to date, and traverse across the jungles, beaches, and decaying urban landscapes of an entire island nation.
- For the first time in Far Cry, experience a whole island nation and its capital city of Esperanza under military lockdown. Take down Anton in the seat of his power by staying hidden or engaging Anton’s army in an all-out firefight in the streets.
- From taking the reins of a horse to commandeering a tank, choose your favorite ride to navigate a world under the grip of Anton Castillo’s regime. With Anton’s army controlling the air, roads and seas of Yara, use a sprawling network of hidden guerrilla paths from past revolutions which will lead you to shortcuts and all sorts of valuable intel and loot.
- Become a Resolver Guerrilla
- Jump into the action and chaos of guerrilla combat at the heart of a revolution. Stay in the shadows and hit where it hurts the most while gathering soldiers and resources to help you in the fight against Anton Castillo’s regime.
- Embrace the Yaran culture of using what you have to make what you need by employing an arsenal of “resolver” weapons and tools crafted by your guerrilla mentor Juan Cortez. From a motorcycle engine powered minigun to a homing missile throwing backpack, push the “resolver” philosophy to the limit by inflicting chaos with everything you’ve got.
- No guerrilla should go in alone, so pair up with an all-new animal companion like Chorizo, the adorable wiener dog no soldier can ignore. Or Guapo, Juan’s soldier-hungry pet crocodile.
Far Cry 6 is due out for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC via the Epic Games Store and Uplay, and Stadia on October 7.
Watch the trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.