Total worldwide shipments and digital sales for Guilty Gear: Strive have exceeded 500,000 units, Arc System Works announced.
Guilty Gear: Strive launched for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam on June 11. The Deluxe and Ultimate Editions launched on June 8.
The game was last reported to have shipped 300,000 units on June 14.
Arc System Works also teased that it will announce the first Guilty Gear: Strive downloadable content character during a live stream on July 20 at 6:00 p.m. PT / 9:00 p.m. ET. You will be able to watch it on YouTube (English, Japanese).
Here is a brief overview of Guilty Gear: Strive, via Arc System Works:
The latest entry to the Guilty Gear series, Guilty Gear: Strive, with its cutting-edge graphics, stunning fully-voiced cinematic story mode, an online mode suited for players around the world, has been praised by its players as being at the leading edge of the versus-fighting games.
Varied free contents and updates, downloadable content, and additional new characters will be on the way to keep the hype continuing for now and into the future.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.