Publisher THQ Nordic and developer Haemimont Games have announced Jagged Alliance 3 for PC (Steam). A release date was not announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via THQ Nordic:
Fans have been waiting for decades, to see the third edition of the legendary strategy franchise Jagged Alliance.
The strategy game experts from Haemimont Games, well known for their work on the Tropico series, Surviving Mars, Victor Vran, and many other great games will finally create a true successor to the beloved series.
This time, the player takes command of a mercenary force in the fictional country of Grand Chien—a land thrown into chaos after a brutal paramilitary force known as “the Legion” took over.
Jagged Alliance 3 will combine tactically deep, turn-based combat with exploration of a large game world with strategic elements including gaining control over territories, training local forces, and establishing multiple squads chosen from beloved mercenaries—all well known to fans of the series.
Jagged Alliance 3 will have RPG-elements like special perks or level-ups for your mercenaries, as well as looting and customizing your arsenal of weaponry
Coming to PC, Jagged Alliance 3 will also feature a co-op multiplayer mode so you can free Grand Chien together with a friend.
And here are some additional details, via the game’s Steam page:
Grand Chien, a nation of rich natural resources and deep political divides, is thrown into chaos when the elected president goes missing and a paramilitary force known as “The Legion” seizes control of the countryside. Now, the President’s family has pulled together all their resources, including an arrangement with the powerful Adonis corporation, to hire a group of skilled mercenaries tasked with finding the President and bringing order back to the country.
In Jagged Alliance 3, select from a huge cast of mercenaries all with their own unique personalities, quirks, and backstories. Then go out and explore Grand Chien as you meet new people, earn money, grow your team, and ultimately make your own decisions that will decide the country’s fate.
- Engage in rich, tactical turn-based combat.
- Recruit from a large cast of unique mercenaries, including many familiar fan favorites.
- Loot, salvage, and customize an arsenal of weaponry and equipment.
- Choose from a wide array of special perks to customize your mercs as they level up.
- Decide the fate of Grand Chien in an open RPG structure.
- Control territory, train the locals, command multiple parties, and defend against enemy forces in an alive, active world.
- Experience the campaign with friends in online co-op mode.