Publishers Playism and Game Magazine, and developer ImCyan will release the Japanese game horror series Tsugunohi for PC via Steam on August 13, the companies announced. It will support English, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese language options.
Here is an overview of the series and Steam release, via Playism:
The Legendary Horror Series with Over 54 Million Streaming Views
Tsugunohi was developed by ImCyan and originally released on Freem! and other free game websites in 2012. Since then, Tsugunohi Let’s Plays have amassed over 54 million views worldwide, establishing it as one of the legendary horror titles. Coming to Steam on August 13, this new version will include nine episodes and be supported in English, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese.
Episodes 1, 2, and 3 Remastered
The Steam version of Tsugunohi features the first three episodes of the game with enhanced graphics, upping the fear factor.
- Tsugunohi Episode 1 – A male junior high school student on his way home from school. He feels a strange chill on his usual way home….
- Tsugunohi Episode 2 – A junior high school girl on her way home from club activities. She feels an unusual stare at the usual intersection…
- Tsugunohi Episode 3 – Tsugumi, an elementary school girl, returns home from school. Her mother, who always goes out shopping when she gets back, is missing…
Watch On As Horror Descends
- Tsugunohi -a closed future- – A high school girl on her way home from school. She mumbles, “I want to start over,” and leaves to head home…
- Tsugunohi -The cat ghost- – The protagonist is just an ordinary cat. He goes on a field trip to patrol his territory…
- Tsugunohi -The parallel train in the dark- – A junior high school girl goes to cram school by train. Strange things, however, begin to happen on her familiar commute…
- Tsugunohi -Whispering Toy House- – An unassuming house in a quiet residential area. A girl interested in antique toys wanders in, unaware of the horror that awaits her…
Two Original Episodes for Steam
- Tsugunohi -The Ethereal Railroad Crossing- (Steam Original) – This new story that takes place at a train crossing awash with ghostly mystique is connected to the previous episode, Tsugunohi -The Parallel Train in the dark-.
- To Be Announced Episode – Additionally, there will be another original episode that is created specially for Tsugunohi‘s Steam version. Stay tuned for further details, which will become available on release (August 13th).
Watch a trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.