Kingdom Hearts series coming to Switch as cloud versions – Gematsu
Square Enix will release Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX Cloud Version, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Cloud Version, and Kingdom Hearts III + Re Mind Cloud Version for Switch, the company announced. Each will be available to purchase individually, or together as the all-in-one Kingdom Hearts Integrum Masterpiece for Cloud collection. A release date was not announced.
Each title is currently available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Epic Games Store. Currently, the only Kingdom Hearts game available for Switch is Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory, which is also available for the aforementioned platforms.
Here is an overview of each game, via Square Enix:
Which Kingdom Hearts are coming to Switch?
There are 10 Kingdom Hearts experiences coming to Nintendo Switch as three standalone cloud releases: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX Cloud Version, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Cloud Version, and Kingdom Hearts III + Re Mind Cloud Version.
In addition, you’ll be able to purchase all games together in an ‘all-in-one’ Cloud Version collection: Kingdom Hearts Integrum Masterpiece for Cloud.
But which specific games, you may be wondering, are included in these collections? Here’s the full list of what you can play:
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX Cloud Version
The first collection includes the following:
- Kingdom Hearts Final Mix – The action RPG that first introduced gamers to Sora and the worlds of Kingdom Hearts. It’s been enhanced with remastered HD visuals, improved controls, a remade soundtrack and more!
- Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories – After the dramatic events of the first game, Sora, Donald, and Goofy stumble into the mysterious Castle Oblivion and an adventure that threatens one of their most precious treasures—their memories. This game augmented the original’s action RPG gameplay of the series with an innovative card battling system—it’s one of the most unique games in the series.
- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (HD Remastered Cinematics) – This story centers on Roxas, a young man with a very special connection to Sora. This release features cinematics from the original game, enhanced with additional text and remastered in HD.
- Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix – Sora, Donald, and Goofy reunite in an epic action RPG romp that takes them into some incredibly memorable—and unexpected—Disney worlds.
- Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix – This one’s a real fan favorite. It’s a prequel that focuses on three new playable characters: Terra, Ventus, and Aqua. The story of these three friends is heartfelt, emotional and has major implications on the Kingdom Hearts saga.
- Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded (HD Remastered Cinematics) – This story takes a virtual Sora, appropriately named Data Sora, into a digital world to find answers to a mysterious message. The collection features enhanced cinematics only.
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Cloud Version
The second collection gives you:
- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD – Sora and his best friend Riku take their Mark of Mastery exams to become true keyblade wielders. It does… not go as planned.
- Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A fragmentary passage- – This brilliantly bite-sized action RPG puts you in the pointy shoes of Aqua, who debuted in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. It’s a must play because the events of the game lead directly into Kingdom Hearts III.
- Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover (movie) – This special movie takes you way back in the series timeline to tell the story of the Foretellers.
Kingdom Hearts III + Re Mind (DLC) Cloud Version
The third collection includes the following:
Sora’s battle against the forces of Darkness reaches its unforgettable climax in this beautiful adventure that takes Sora, Donald, and Goofy to brand new Disney and Pixar worlds. They’ll explore a toy store with Buzz and Woody, untangle a sinister plot with Rapunzel, help Sully and Mike Wazowski show the forces of evil the door, and much more.
The Switch version also includes the Re Mind downloadable content as standard, giving you extra story content, new boss battles, and loads of additional features as part of your purchase.