The Pan-European Game Information board rated adventure RPG Kowloon Highschool Chronicle for PlayStation 4 on September 1.
A remake of the 2004-released title Kowloon Youma Gakuen Ki, Kowloon Highschool Chronicle first launched for Switch in June 2020 in Japan, followed by February 2021 in the west. It is developed by Toybox Games, and published by Arc System Works in Japan and North America, and PQube in Europe.
Here is an overview of the game, via Arc System Works:
Originally released as Kowloon Youma Gakuen Ki in Japan, Kowloon Highschool Chronicle features remastered graphics, classic first-person dungeon exploration, and a unique conversation system.
Take on the role of a young man who appears as a transfer student at Kamiyoshi Academy in Shinjuku, Tokyo. While he seems like a normal student, he is actually a treasure hunter. His mission is to discover a mysterious ruin hidden deep beneath the school. Accompanied by his new friends from school, he sets out to discover the mysteries of a super ancient civilization. However, numerous traps, monsters called “Kehito” that lurk within the ruins, and the clutches of the “student council” stand in his way! Build your relationship with friends, solve puzzles, dodge traps, defeat enemies, and discover the great mysteries and treasure sealed beneath the school!
- Deep, Challenging Gameplay – Choose from a myriad of different friends, classmates, and allies and brave the darkest of dungeons in search of adventure and untold wealth. Be sure to build your team with care; the enemies and dungeons will present a true challenge and the wrong teammates may lead you to certain doom.
- Innovative Conversation System – Express yourself in the story through feelings and actions. Why choose a canned response when you can give a character an angry glare, loving touch, or a bizarre lick? How everyone views you depends on how straight (or insane) you present yourself.
- Revamped Graphics – Bringing the game firmly into the modern era, the art and graphics have been redone in high definition and now match the beautiful character designs, challenging gameplay and compelling story.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.