Melty Blood: Type Lumina – Miyako Arima vs. Vlov Arkhangel gameplay #2 – Gematsu
Project Lumina has released the second gameplay video for Melty Blood: Type Lumina featuring Miyako Arima vs. Vlov Arkhangel.
If you missed it, catch the first video here.
Here is an overview of the game, via Project Lumina:
Melty Blood is reborn. This is the latest addition to the series of 2D fighting games based on Type-Moon’s visual romance novel, Tsukihime. The curtain rises once more on dramatic battles played out with familiar characters from Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon.
- All-New Stories, Visuals, and Characters
- Explore an all-new Melty Blood world from scenario writer Kinoko Nasu, based on the events of Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon. Unique story events for each character give each playthrough its own feel, adding to the overall experience.
- Visuals have been updated with HD graphics, and include animation sequences by A-1 Pictures for special attacks.
- Dialog is fully voiced and will change depending on which characters are brought into battle, giving more insight into the characters’ interpersonal relationships.
- Iconic Battle Systems
- Use characteristic Melty Blood mechanics such as Aerial Combos, Shields, Magic Circuits, Arc Drives, and Last Arcs, as well as a few new powerful techniques under the Moon Skill system. On top of that, an all-new simple control system has been implemented to make the intense battles a little more manageable, while also maintaining a balance which will allow both seasoned veterans and new players alike to fully enjoy the world of Melty Blood.
- Rich Customization and Gallery Feature
- Customize your title, profile icon, and character outfits for battle. They can even be used in online matches!
- Collect visuals, opening cinematics, music tracks, voices, pixel art, and more in the gallery. You’ll even be able to take a look at guest illustrations created by artists connected to Type-Moon titles.
Melty Blood: Type Lumina is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on September 30 worldwide.
Watch the video below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.