Mortal Kombat 11 has sold more than 12 million units worldwide, publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and developer NetherRealm Studios announced.
Total sales for the Mortal Kombat franchise have also crossed 73 million console units to date.
Additionally, Mortal Kombat Mobile, which is available for iOS and Android, has surpassed 138 million downloads.
“When Mortal Kombat launched nearly 30 years ago, I never dreamed it would grow into the franchise it is today with more than 73 million games sold,” said NetherRealm Studios creative director and Mortal Kombat co-creator Ed Boon in a press release. “We have some of the most passionate fans in the world and we appreciate the support they have shown us over the years.”
Mortal Kombat 11 is available now for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC via Steam, and Stadia.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.