aNCHOR has delayed the Switch version of Muv-Luv action game from its previously planned October release window, as well as announced that the PC (Steam) version still due out in October will launch as an Early Access release.
The Switch version delay and PC version change to Early Access were for further quality improvements. The Switch version will now release when the PC version’s Early Access period ends.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Set on an Earth where mankind is being steadily annihilated by the alien invaders known as the BETA, Project MIKHAIL lets you pilot a Tactical Surface Fighter in the war to save humanity!
The BETA bring overwhelming numbers and massive size to the war against mankind.
Some are massive, standing 66 meters tall. Some are capable of charging into an enemy at incredible speeds and smashing them to bits with their thick frontal plating. And some can fire powerful lasers from over 300 kilometers away. Each BETA will require different tactics to defeat.
The BETA’s overwhelming numbers make them an unstoppable threat to humanity.
Each mission will put you in the thick of combat, in arenas swarming with BETA. Some will take place at night, or in foul weather, forcing you to fight when conditions are tough.
But no matter how bad things get, the only thing standing between humanity and annihilation is you and your trusty Tactical Surface Fighter.
Each mission you complete will reward with you a variety of new equipment.
Use these parts to make your TSF stronger, faster, and more deadly. Build your own unique machine and use it to defeat your enemies.
Watch the third producer letter below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.