The Xbox One version of horror-themed fighting game Omen of Sorrow will launch on September 15 for $19.99, publisher Eastasiasoft and developer AOne Games announced. It will be available at a 20 percent-off discount for the first two weeks of release.
Additional platforms are also in the works, starting with a Steam version coming “very soon.”
Omen of Sorrow first launched for PlayStation 4 in November 2018, followed by PC via the Epic Games Store in July 2019.
Here is an overview of the game, via Eastasiasoft:
Omen of Sorrow is a classic 2D, four-button fighting game, with Unreal Engine 4-powered graphics, a cast of characters inspired by classical horror, fantasy, and mythology, and a battle system designed from the ground up to leverage player skill, rather than stats or random chance, featuring deep combat mechanics that favor movement and spacing over tight execution to provide an engaging experience for pros and newcomers alike!
Using a netcode technique called rollback (GGPO), Omen of Sorrow offers you a near-lagless online experience. You’ll also be able to fight your friends in Local Multiplayer.
- Battle with many iconic characters and strategize with character specific special moves and abilities!
- Flirt with danger in dismal stages, inspired by age-old European legends!
- Take part in a gripping tale of darkness and despair in an exclusive Story Mode!
- Endure grueling battles in Arcade and Survival Modes, or beat up friends in local Versus!
- Experience a complete Online Mode, featuring Ranked and Casual matches, and create lobbies for custom rule matches!
- Unlock more than 200 in-game rewards by conquering all of the different gameplay modes!
- Master your fighting skills in a fully featured Training Room!
Watch a new trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.