Orca is recruiting Unreal Engine 5 game development staff to work on Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate and unannounced Unreal Engine-developed game content, the company announced.
The Shinjuku-based developer previously co-developed Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age and Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition with Square Enix, as well as Ace combat 7: Skies Unknown with Bandai Namco, among other titles.
Available positions include:
- Character artist
- Cinematic artist
- Technical artist
- User interface artist
- Rendering programmer
- Environment artist
- Rigging artist
- Level designer
- Facial animator
- Effects artist
- Lighting artist
Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate was officially announced in May for unannounced platforms. It is being developed on Unreal Engine 5. With today’s announcement, Orca is the second known co-developer on the project alongside Hexa Drive.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.