Here is an overview of the game, via Nicalis:
Rocket Through Space to Blast Baddies and Collect Bounties!
Spectacular Sparky is an action-packed platform / shooter with wacky characters, explosive weapons and boss battles to treasure. Sparky is an adorably insane intergalactic bounty hunter who can dash through obstacles, fire his weapons in any direction and even extend his jumps by flapping his long space-rabbit ears. Each time he brings down a boss, his connected confidante Shigg (half-shark, half-pig) is ready to point him in the direction of yet another space fugitive.
In the grand tradition of irreverent 1990s video-game heroes, Spectacular Sparky is as sassy as he is fearless. His voice-acted wisecracks and sarcastic jabs tend to get under the skin of his enemies in a most amusing fashion. And his universe is awash with spikes, lava, buzzsaws, super-saturated colors, slick parallax scrolling and mega-driven music, the way every game ought to be.
- A modern homage to the golden age of white-gloved 16-bit video-game mascots.
- Dozens of delightful story scenes featuring full voice acting and a host of outrageous characters.
- Five challenging worlds with 24 levels, each with a bombastic boss battle at the end.
- Five powerful weapon types, including blasters, flamethrowers and homing missiles.
- Five unique vehicles that Sparky can pilot, including a spaceship, hang glider and lava jet ski.
- Five difficulty settings, from Supercasual to Supernightmare.
- Three game modes. (What?! Not five?)
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.