Rhythm action game Sixtar Gate: STARTRAIL announced for Switch, PC – Gematsu
Publisher CFK and developers Lyrebird Studio and Magical Works have announced rhythm action game Sixtar Gate: STARTRAIL for Switch and PC (Steam). It will launch in 2021.
Here is a brief overview of the game, via CFK:
As a space travel themed game, Sixtar Gate: STARTRAIL features music-based storytelling, and cute and lovely artworks that give players more than the rhythm gameplay.
In the game, the player becomes the captain of a science vessel and explores the vast Sixtar System with Shii, the adorable and naive navigation partner. The pair will visit colonized planets and discover various stories hidden behind them through music and Shii’s own story.
Sixtar Gate: STARTRAIL‘s main producer is Lyrebird Ferdinant, the developer of various rhythm games including Pump It Up and OverRapid. The sound director is Sound Souler, also a composer who has featured dreamlike songs using strings and piano in diverse and countless music games.
The soundtrack includes exclusive songs from well-known composers of BEMANI series, as well as pieces that are popular among rhythm game fans. Plus, there will be contents that both beginners and hardcore gamers can enjoy.
Watch the teaser trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery. Visit the official website here.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.