Marvelous will release Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town for Xbox One on October 27 in Japan, followed by PlayStation 4 on November 25, the company announced. The PlayStation 4 version will be available both physically and digitally for 5,800 yen, while the Xbox One version will be a digital-only release.
Publishers XSEED Games and Marvelous Europe also plan to release Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this fall in the west, but have yet to announce a specific release date.
Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town first launched for Switch in October 2019 in Japan, followed by Switch and PC via Steam in July 2020 in the west.
Here is an overview of the game, via XSEED Games:
Originally released for the Game Boy Advance in 2003, one of the most beloved entries in the 20-plus year history of the farm / life simulation series now known as Story of Seasons in the West gets a complete reimagining to bring the charming and occasionally mysterious world of Mineral Town back to life! The graphics have been recreated to modern-day standards, while core features such as multi-floor mining and the fan-favorite horse racing have been refined and improved upon. Newcomers to the series will discover the compelling farming gameplay and complex characters that made this series the standard in the genre, and veterans will be able to enjoy a return to a wonderful world with updated systems, character designs, and a completely new translation. This title is rated E10+ by the ESRB.
- Refined Farming Simulation – Returning to the simulation style that put the series on the map, Friends of Mineral Town features detailed farm management by individual squares of land, while also introducing smooth, modernized controls to make managing tools and items fun and easy.
- A World of Possibilities – Once the crops are watered and livestock brushed, explore Mineral Town and its natural surroundings at your leisure. Try to catch a bucket of fish at the river, delve deep into a local mine for ore, or just take a relaxing dip in the hot spring – the days are filled with endless things to do!
- Make Friends and More Than Friends – Mineral Town is jam-packed with interesting characters to meet, befriend, and even romance. Learn their stories, help them in their times of need, and become an integral part of this lovely community.
- Each Season is Eventful – Beyond farming, fishing, and raising livestock, enjoy seasonal events such as animal contests, a fetch competition with your beloved pet, mochi making, and more! Each event requires different skills and will bring you closer to your fellow townsfolk.
Watch the Story of Seasons 25th anniversary trailer announcing the news below. Visit the official Japanese website for the PlayStation 4 version here.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.