Publisher FuRyu and developer Historia have released an eight-minute gameplay trailer for The Caligula Effect 2.
Here is an overview of the game, via NIS America:
A virtuadoll named Regret has created the world of Redo in order to save people from their past regrets by unknowingly imprisoning them in a simulation. However, this “paradise” is shaken to the core when a virtual idol named χ breaks into Regret’s virtual reality and restores a high school student’s memories of the real world. In order to escape Redo, they re-establish the Go-Home Club, a resistance group that seeks to fight against Regret and her enforcers, the Obbligato Musicians.
- Welcome to Tatefushi Academy – Meet the fresh faces of the Go-Home Club, whose memories are awakened by the virtuadoll, χ. Recruit other students to aid you, challenge the virtuadoll, Regret, and her Obbligato Musicians, and escape the false world of Redo!
- Breakout Battles – Utilize the Imaginary Chain to predict your enemies’ moves and form the perfect strategy, and employ calculated techniques to gain a tactical advantage in combat.
- An Unforgettable Paradise – Masterfully crafted story scenarios from Persona writer Tadashi Satomi and director Takuya Yamanaka unite with a pulse-pounding, vocaloid-inspired soundtrack, making the world of Redo a memorable visual and audio experience.
The Caligula Effect 2 is due out for PlayStation 4 and Switch on June 24 in Japan, and this fall in North America and Europe. Read more about the game here.
Watch the trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.