Touhou DollDraft is now available for PC via Steam for $14.99, publisher WSS Playground and developer milliondbouts announced. A 10 percent-off launch discount price of $13.49 is available until August 20.
Here is an overview of the game, via WSS Playground:
In Touhou DollDraft, you form teams comprising “dollified” Touhou Project characters and send them into battle against each other. Characters can be made stronger by gathering characters from the same group together, or by putting characters who have special feelings for one another on the same team. Can be played by up to four players online.
All characters belong to a specific tribe and each has their own strength value, unique skills and costs. Additionally, each character also is assigned an “affinity” value towards each of the other characters, putting characters with special feelings for each other in the same team will result in a boost in strength.
Purchase dolls with game currency that save up over time. Every player present will be locked in a real-time tug-of-war for the best dolls available. If you’re willing, you can even pay extra to snatch somebody else’s dolls.
Form your team with the dolls that you’ve picked. Players can pay extra to increase the number of dolls they can include in their team.
In battle, each turn sees the players engage in two 1 vs 1 battles in turns, players will continue picking dolls and engaging in battle until somebody’s HP reaches zero.
Suddenly finding herself far away from her native Gensokyo, lost in a world similar to that of Alice in Wonderland, in order to return to her world “Alice” must fight in a mysterious game known as the “Doll Draft” in which she must take control of puppets…
- Alice Margatroid – A magician with “the ability to control dolls.” Character with an “Alice”-based motif. When chosen as player character, has the ability to increase the levels of the picked characters.
- Tewi Inaba – A Youkai rabbit, who, in attempting to stay as healthy as possible in order to live long, ended up attaining Youkai transformation powers. Has “the ability to bring fortune to humans.” Character with a “White Rabbit”-based motif. When chosen as player character, player will receive currency when levelling up a character.
- Sakuya Izayoi – Remilia Scarlet’s maid, with “the ability to control time.” Human. Character with a “Playing Card”-based motif. When chosen as player character, has ability to stop time, preventing other players from doing anything for one turn.
- Remilia Scarlet – A vampire with “the ability to control fate.” Character with a “Queen of Hearts”-based motif. When chosen as player character, has the ability to reduce all characters’ HP by half.
Watch the launch trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.