Outerminds has released the debut trailer for Turbo Kid, the upcoming Metrodivania game based on the movie.
A Kickstarter campaign to fund the game will launch on August 20.
Here is an overview of the game, via Outerminds:
Turbo Kid is the upcoming post-apocalyptic Metroidvania by developer Outerminds in collaboration with the creators of the film RKSS Films, band Le Matos, and producer EMA Films.
Based on the film of the same name, the game takes place in the distant future of 1997, where The Kid must fend for himself as he crosses the wasteland in search of a friend.
In keeping with the movie, the game will feature sprawling and diverse environments, comically over the top gore, a heartwarming story, and cool BMX tricks, all wrapped up in a throwback package.
Turbo Kid is planned for release in 2022. Platforms have yet to be announced.
Watch the trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.