Otome visual novel Variable Barricade, which was originally planned to release in 2021 in the west, will now launch in February 2022, publisher Aksys Games and developer Idea Factory announced.
Variable Barricade first launched for PS Vita on April 4, 2019 in Japan, followed by Switch on June 18, 2020.
Here is an overview of the game, via Aksys Games:
A member of a prestigious family and heiress to a fortune, Hibari learns that her eccentric grandfather is determined to find her a husband. He arranges to house her in a luxurious villa along with four handsome, hand-picked bachelors and her private butler. As her suitors try to win her hand by any means necessary, Hibari endures endless everyday trials and temptations.
Has grandfather chosen poorly, or is there more to these fellows than meets the eye?
Through all of this, Hibari has two important goals: frighten off each of these marriage candidates, and absolutely refuse to fall in love.
Watch a new trailer below. Visit the official website here.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.